Today be careful not to take for granted what you have. For today what you have is opportunity, opportunity to view your spouse through the eyes of God. For God so love the world that He gave his only son, that you might have life and have it abundantly. God in all his magnificence, chose to sacrifice for you; surely you can make a small sacrifice to embrace what God has for you and your spouse. Here are a few sacrificial gestures you can do to foster a loving marriage.
1. Smile when you speak.
2. Gently caress your spouse for no specific reason other than to touch a miracle.
3. Listen to your spouse without searching your mind for a response but rather intently listen to their heart.
4. Wrap your arms around your spouse or encourage him/her to wrap their arms around you as you fall asleep.
5. Never sleep in separate rooms.
Do you love God?
Those who know me and my husband know that we stand firm on this scripture. "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good of those who love God, and are called according to His purpose".-Romans 8:28 This scripture says: No matter what the enemy does to distract you and get you off track, when you love God and have been called by God. God will take the enemies weapon and use it to prosper you for God's purpose.
There's more..... Did God call you?
29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified. Since you love Him and since He called you, He will equip you with what you need to fulfill your God given purpose. Keep loving God! Answer the call on your life! Trust God! God WILL work through you!
From the time we wake in the morning until we fall asleep at night most are bombarded with the negativity of tragedy and potential tragedy. On the "Good Morning" news shows we are informed of the severe weather on the way, the destructive storms, devastating life situations, horrific auto accidents, plunging stock markets, fires resulting in fatality, abused children and much more. Many spend several hours watching "reality" shows that thrive on the dysfunctional behavior exhibited by "housewives". While Haves and the Have Nots, Scandal and other Television shows serve as our leisure entertainment, such entertainment often subconsciously encourage unhealthy responses in the viewers life.
Graham C. L. Davey, Ph.D. an expert in anxiety shares that the emotional content of films and television programs can affect your psychological health. It can do this by directly affecting your mood, and your mood can then affect many aspects of your thinking and behavior. Dr. Graham says if TV program generates negative mood experiences (e.g. anxiety, sadness, anger, disgust), then these experiences will affect how you interpret events in your own life, what types of memories you recall, and how much you will worry about events in your own life.
For some depression and anxiety can be avoided by:
1. Making changes in the things you receive into your psyche,
2. Establishing and maintaining healthy outlets.... friends and/or family you can talk to on the various levels from cliche to vulnerability,
3. Establishing, nurturing, and maintaining relationship with God.
However, for many depression is much more complicated and it's necessary to seek assistance. Usually when a person's body malfunctions or just stops working as usual, with little thought the person will schedule an appointment or rush to the emergency room to get help. But when one's mind malfunctions or just stops working as usual, when one is severely depressed, stressed or overwhelmed with anxiety rather than scheduling an appointment or seeking emergency care, the person will attempt to continue life as usual in-spite of the mental disturbance. Some will make attempts to self medicate with alcohol and drugs. And unfortunately some will seek to end it all by means of suicide. If you or anyone you know is experiencing the following symptoms, please seek professional care.
1. Ongoing sadness or irritability
2. Loss of interest or enjoyment in daily activities, including sex
3. Decrease or increase in appetite and weight
4. Poor sleep or sleeping too much
5. Feeling restless, anxious or worried
6. Feeling tired or like you have no energy
7. Feeling hopeless, helpless, worthless or guilty
8. Trouble concentrating or making decisions
9. Physical symptoms that don't respond to treatment
10. Thoughts about death, maybe including thoughts about suicide.
LET ME BE CLEAR
SOME MARRIAGES WIIL END IN DIVORCE. God allows divorce and his love is unconditional.
Some marriages linger without love, progress or even effort. No, nothing is too hard for God, but if we refuse to humble ourselves and seek his face, we cannot know his will, therefore we cannot walk accordingly.
If the marriage is unsatisfying or dysfunctional, one (or two) shouldn't just sit there in misery.
Pray, trust God to lead you as you do the necessary work to have better OR trust God to keep you as you divorce and move forward.
DON'T SETTLE FOR DYSFUNCTION!
The Bible says:People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God
-- HAVING A FORM OF GODLINESS BUT DENYING ITS POWER. They are the kind who WORM THEIR WAY INTO HOMES AND GAIN CONTROL OVER GULLIBLE WOMEN, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, ALWAYS LEARNING BUT NEVER ABLE TO COME TO A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH. #dropmic
(2 Timothy 3:1 -7 says this is what will happen in the last days.)
Make this a great day! How you ask....let me tell you.
Perhaps you've heard the phrase "He/she just tried me." When this phrase is used it's often because someone has either approached or responded to the speaker in such a way that TEMPTED the speaker to react badly.
The Bible says: "Blessed is the [person] who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
Today when people try you, JUST LET GO & LET GOD. HE will work it out; you don't even have to stress and you'll be rewarded with a crown. Again, I say "Believe Romans 8:28 is true!!
Rather than looking at the lives of others with envy thinking... "How did she get there? I have 4 degrees and she has none, yet she has this position, that opportunity, that car, that home", that husband, those children, spends that amount, gives that to others", INSTEAD on these things meditate..,1. Our God is not fair, He is sovereign.
2. You don't know the cost of the oil in her alabaster box.
3. Perhaps when she gets home she hits the floor, and what you don't see is she's on her knees. It's the God in her.
4. All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose.
4. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. (James 4:8 MSG)
1. Manage your time and don't allow it to manage you!
2. Manage your business or someone will have you manage theirs.
3. Take care of yourself, those who love you, and those you love.
4. Pursue your purpose.
5. Do the things that give you joy.
6. Don't make a priority of those who make you an option!
7. "But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all [your needs] shall be added unto you".
The fact that you're trustworthy, honest, compassionate, kind and empathetic doesn't mean that everyone else is the same.
The fact that you're an opportunist, motivated by money, one who lies by omission & commission doesn't mean every one else is the same.
When people, by their actions, SHOW you who they are, believe them and respond accordingly.